I'm investing and helping entrepreneurs to build AI-first technology and life science companies.
To that end, I am currently active on a number of fronts including:
- Founder and General Partner of Air Street Capital, a venture capital firm investing in AI-first technology and life science companies. We’re a team of experienced investors, founders, and senior leadership from companies including Google, Niantic, Lyft, Facebook, Apple, and DeepMind. We invest and work with entrepreneurs across Europe and the US from the very beginning of their company building journey. Our common goal is to create enduring companies that make a lasting impact on their markets. We are proud investors in Graphcore, ZOE, Mission Barns, LabGenius, and two unannounced AI-first life science/health care investments.
- Founder of The Research and Applied AI Summit, a leading community for entrepreneurs and researchers who accelerate the science and applications of artificial intelligence to solve the World's most important problems. Watch the talks from RAAIS on our YouTube channel.
- Managing Trustee of The RAAIS Foundation, a UK-registered charity with a mission to advance education and research in artificial intelligence for the common good. We offer grants for open source projects, research and education. We are proud to be the first backers of OpenMined and Open Climate Fix.
- Organizer of London.AI, a popular product-focused AI meetup uniting academics, entrepreneurs and engineers.
- Venture Partner at Point Nine Capital, a Berlin-based early-stage venture capital firm known for investments such as Zendesk, Algolia and Typeform. Find out more here.
- Advisor to TwentyBN, a Berlin/Toronto-based company developing groundbreaking technology that allows machines to perceive the world like humans. Find out more here.
- Advisor to Secondmind, a Cambridge-based company developing a cloud-based decision-making platform powered by AI.
- Advisor to ONI, an Oxford-based company developing a super-resolution microscope for your desktop and analytics cloud serving life science researchers and pharma. Find out more about the Nanoimager here.
My prior investing experience included investing a £20M fund in early-stage European and US technology companies. I was responsible for investments including Mapillary (acq. Facebook), Numerai, Ravelin, Thought Machine, Starship Technologies, Kalo, Trouva and Kyra. Playfair Capital became one of Europe's most active investors in data/AI-driven companies.
I earned an M.Phil and Ph.D. in computational and experimental cancer research as a Gates and Dr. Herchel Smith Scholar at the University of Cambridge, and a BA in biology from Williams College. I've published research that leverages both experimental and computational approaches to understand how we might stem the fatal spread of cancer around the body.
I also tweet sometimes from @nathanbenaich.